If you are a citizen of any of the countries listed on this page, you need to be granted a Canadian tourist visa in order to visit this country. In this article, you will learn about what you need to do for applying for a Canadian visa for the touristic purposes.
A little bit of information about the Canadian tourist visa
Canadian tourist visas, which are also known as TVR (Temporary Resident Visas) and Canada visitor visas, are granted to the citizens of third countries for the purpose of visiting and travelling across Canada. The maximum period of stay can be up to 6 months.
If you have gone out of Canada to the United States while having a single entry visa, you are able to come to Canada again until the expiration date
There are two types of tourist visas: single entry visa and multiple entry visa. The latter visa allows you to enter the country two and more times, whereas a single entry visa does not allow you to enter Canada again after your departure from the country. However, if a holder of a single entry visa travels to the US, Miquelon, or St. Pierre, he/she is able to return to Canada in case if the period of stay specified in the visa hasn’t been expired. Multiple entry visas can be valid for as long as 10 years.
What criteria you have to meet for obtaining the Canadian tourist visa
In order to get a Canadian visa for the purpose of tourism, you should meet the following conditions:
- You should possess a valid foreign passport;
- You should have a good state of your health;
- You should have enough money to support your stay;
- You shouldn’t pose a threat to the security of Canada and its citizens;
- You should have no criminal records;
- You shouldn’t attempt to look for a job in Canada during your stay;
- You should have possessions that link you to the other country than Canada, such as a house, apartment, etc.;
- Your visit should be planned for a specific period of time and you should leave the country upon expiration of your visa;
- You should stick to the Canadian law during your stay in the country.
What steps you should do for obtaining the visa
You have to do the following steps in order to obtain the Canadian visa for the purpose of tourism:
- Decide whether you want to apply online or in a paper form. Here you can find all the necessary documents and sources for both options.
- Complete the application form for the tourist visa. The application may be declined in case if you haven’t provided the necessary information, documents, as well as if you haven’t paid the fees required.
- You should pay the fees for the processing of your application. The fees have to be paid via either a certified cheque or a bank draft.
- Go to the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) in your country/city. You should collect and bring all the documents, specified in the checklist.
- Hand over the application form. In addition to that, provide all the necessary documents and do all necessary actions, required by the CVAC workers.
- Track the progress of your application. You can do it either online (you will receive a special code for tracking), or you might be notified via an SMS message.